Welcome to Moolarben Coal!
Moolarben Coal is currently operating Open Cut 1 and 2 (OC1 and OC2)mining operation in accordance with the Stage 1 Project Approval (05_0117)granted by the Minister for Planning on 6 September 2007. Coal mining in OC1commenced in May 2010, following a successful construction and commissioning phase in 2009.
The Stage 1 Project Approval allows for three open cut mines (OC1, OC2and OC3), one under ground mine (UG4), a coal handling and preparation plant(CHPP), raw and product coal stockpiles, a rail loop and rail loader and office and workshop support facilities.
Stage 2 Major Project Approvals was granted on the 30January2015 and includes one open cut (OC4) and two underground mines (UG1 and UG2)and some additional infrastructure which would operate in conjunction with, and utilise, the approved Stage 1 infrastructure.
At full production, the Moolarben Coal Complex will have the capacity to produce 17 million tonnes per annum (MTPA) of ROM coal and employ approximately 450 personnel.
UG1 Optimisation Modification - Environmental Assessment
Modifications to Stage 1 and Stage 2 of the Moolarben Coal Project, to allow for the optimisation of the UG1 underground mining domain
This application will be assessed concurrently with the proposed modification to Stage 2 (08_0135 MOD 2)
The Environmental Assessment. Can be found here.
OC4 South West Haul Road Modification
• Construction of the OC4 South West haul road
• Adjustments to the site water management system
• Refinements to the early stages of mining and associated infrastructure
• Backfilling of the northern OC1 final Void.
- Executive Summary
- Environmental Assessment
- Attachment 1 - Stage 1 Project Approval (05_0117)
- Attachment 2 - Stage 2 Project Approval (08_0135)
- Attachment 3 - Site Verification Certificate
- Appendix A - Noise Assessment
- Appendix B - Air Quality Assessment
- Appendix C - Flora And Fauna Assessment
- Appendix D - Surface Water Assessment
- Appendix E - Aboriginal Cultural Heritage Assessment
Moolarben Underground Project - 'Suppliers Guide'
- Australian Industry Participation Policy
- ICN Project Gateway - http://gateway.icn.org.au/
- Brief summary of the goods and services
All files are in PDF format. To view PDF files, please download the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.